Charlie Mike


We have had many people ask us what our back up plan is if we do not raise sufficient funds to get to the Dominican Republic on our target date in July.  Well . . . we are currently at 57% support and only have 4 months left to raise the other 43%.  A daunting task at best.  So, what are we going to do if we do not get to 100% by July? . . . In military terms, we are going to “Charlie Mike.”  (AKA Continue Mission)

We know we serve a God who will provide for us.  The problem is not with God, the problem is with us.  So many times we Christians show God that we do not have the faith to press on.  Even as missionaries that are “sold out” to Him, many times we can live by sight rather than by faith.  (Phil 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:)

Now we are not saying that we plan to throw caution to the wind and disregard logic in the name of doing something for Christ.  I do not believe we should jump out of an airplane without a parachute and expect God to protect us.  But what I do believe is that if we do our part, then God will provide for our needs.  I believe that our traveling across the country for over 14 months, presenting our ministry in over 40 churches, and sharing our plan with countless family members and friends has exposed our ministry to enough of God’s people to where He will meet our needs through those people.  If we believe God has called us to the Dominican (which we do) then we need to rest assured in the promise in Phil 1:6 that He will preform it.  So many times we think that we are the ones who “perform it” when in reality is is Christ who does.

So many times as I think about this subject of moving my family across the world without the assurance of what our income will be, I am reminded of the verse in Mark 9:24 “And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.”  As a father of 3 little ones, I am crying out “Lord I believe! Please Lord, help my unbelief!”

What are our plans?  . . . Charlie Mike!  . . . We must Continue our Mission!  Full speed ahead, no looking back, that is what got Peter in trouble.  With our eyes focused on Christ, we can walk on water, looking back we sink.

Join our team

Advertisements

One comment

  1. What an awesome challenge! It really is easier to live by sight, but God never promised us an easy path as Christians. He DID promise to “never leave us nor forsake us”. I also like your “Continue the Mission” reference. Having served in the Marine Corps, I heard that a lot. No matter what was going on around us, we had to “stand fast” in order to see the victory.

We would love to hear your feedback or questions!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s